Wedding Photography Contract
The following is the sample of a standard wedding photography contract. It specifies the rights and responsibilities implicit in our business relationship and protects both client and a wedding photographer. It is not however an actual copy we use.
Okay, contents of the contract located below. It is not actual agreement we use but it should give you a basic idea how this should look. The main idea of the contract is to being able to protect both you and your client from any misunderstandings. Therefore you should be very creative when designing a contract.
1. You can't guarantee specific shot. Wedding is not a controlled environment. You should do your best to get shots your clients want but do not agree to it and make sure to explain this policy to them. Contract should be clearly spelled to your clients. Do not hide behind tiny blueprint.
2. You may not be able to be there at all. Make sure your clients understand that you are human being and things can happen. Of course you should take care and have a ready backup team.
3. Copyright: explain that you will have the copyright even if your clients can print the photos. may don't understand the difference between having the copyrights and being able to make personal prints.
4. Hours: make sure to explain that the duration of your wedding starts at the time you arrive and ends at the time you leave. Breaks are part of your coverage.
5. Clearly describe the package you sold including tiny detail as a resolution of the digital products and size of the proofs and number of pages in the album. You will save yourself a "I though I get this!" remark after the wedding. Being descriptive will help you in a long run and there will be no misunderstandings between you and your clients.
6. Protect yourself from misuse of your photos. You shall not be held responsible if by taking a candid shot of someone kissing (and cheating) you have ruined a relationship and being sued. Its not your fault.
7. Make sure to put meal disclaimer into your contract, otherwise you occasionally will be hungry and angry.
There ten times more tips I can share so feel free to contact me about my photography workshop in San Francisco. Be creative but after you done creating it, make sure to show your contract to the lawyer.
1. This agreement constitutes an order for wedding portraiture services, including the taking of wedding pictures as agreed to by both parties: The Studio and Contracting Party (Client). Unless otherwise specified, it is understood that any and all rights to proofs, final or sample prints, thereof shall remain the property of the Studio and may be used for advertising, display or any other purpose thought proper by the Studio.
2. If Photographer cannot perform this Agreement in whole or in part due to a fire or other casualty, acts of God or nature or terror, or other cause beyond the control of the parties or due to Photographer's illness or injury, then Studio will return all fees to the Client(s) but shall have no further liability with respect to this Agreement. This limitation on liability shall also apply in the event that photographic materials are damaged in processing, lost through camera malfunction, lost in the mail, or otherwise lost or damaged without fault on the part of Photographer. Client(s) agree that an entire wedding cannot be replicated, reenacted or repeated for the purpose of a re shoot and limits Studio's liability to the amount paid under this contract.
3. It is understood and agreed that no other photographer will be allowed to photograph or take pictures at the wedding while the Photographer is working.
4. On signing of this agreement by both parties hereto, the Studio will reserve the time agreed upon and will not make another reservation for the specific time frame. For this reason, all deposits are non-refundable even if the date is changed or if the wedding becomes cancelled for any reason.
5. The service fee is ____ includes ____ hours of photography. A deposit of ____ is due at the signing of this agreement, with a further payment of all necessary expenses (unless otherwise specified) such a films cost, development, batteries, parking, fuel, travel, taxi, hotel charges, etc., to be paid at the date of the event. No photography will take place and no rights are granted until timely payment is made in full. Late payment fees may apply. The fee is non refundable in case of cancellation or date change by client.
I / we, the undersigned Contracting Party, hereby warrant that I am / we are competent to contract in my / our own name(s). I / we confirm that I / we have read the herein agreement prior to its execution and I / we are fully familiar with the contents thereof. This agreement shall be binding upon us and our heirs, legal representatives and assigns. And, we certify that we have received a complete copy of this agreement with all blank lines completed.
This contract page is provided so that you can familiarize yourself with its provisions and ask informed questions before signing the actual wedding photography contract. Please contact us with any questions. Thank you!
|(c) by IQphoto SF Wedding Photographer