Wedding Photography by IQphoto is an award winning San Francisco wedding photography company, focusing on SF City Hall weddings.
At IQphoto, we know just how important a quality education can be in getting a foot up in the industry. Additionally, we recognize every dollar counts toward achieving the ultimate goal…a degree. With that in mind, IQphoto is proud to offer a $500 scholarship program to students attending a US accredited college or university.
The $500 scholarship is being offered for the college or university student who can demonstrate a flair for writing.
Most employment opportunities require a variety of writing types, even those not specifically designated as communications positions. Excellent writing skills present a professional, polished appearance, granting job seekers and employees an edge over the competition.
Students shouldn’t assume that just because they’re going into a field not designated as communication, the writing is not important. On the contrary, with the abundance of emails, notes, letters, texts, tweets and Facebook status updates in the workplace today, an increasing amount of time in any profession is spent writing.
Whether you’re responding to an email, drafting a plan of action to a boss or writing a status update for the company’s Facebook page, writing skills can boost you and your company’s image, making a huge difference in how you appear to others.
With this in mind, applicants for this scholarship should submit a 1,000-word essay on the importance of quality writing using personal anecdotes or a story. Many times a message may not come across the way it was supposed to due to grammar errors, or a project may have been submitted without the proper proofreading. What was the outcome? What did you learn? Or, what did the mistake make you think or feel about the person who did it?
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY
- You must have been accepted into an accredited college or university. Technical colleges are acceptable as well.
- Currently display a 3.0 GPA. If you’re a GAP student applying to college after a year off, your last GPA in school must have been at least a 3.0.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED
- Any class student may apply: Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors. Additionally, those seeking a scholarship for their Master’s degree may apply as well.
- Submit an essay not to exceed 1000 words to [email protected] in either .doc or .pdf format
- We encourage creativity, with a liberal use of language, however, the essay should contain no vulgarity or profanity.
- Your essay should showcase your use of the English language, excellent grammar and a thorough understanding of the topic.
- Once submitted, the entries cannot be returned or edited.
- All entries must be received by midnight ET December 31st, 2019
- The winner will be announced no later than January 31st 2020
- The winner will need to provide proof of acceptance into the school of choice and proof of high school diploma.
- Winners will be notified by email. If the winner does not reply within 14 days, a new winner will be selected.
- Any questions should be submitted to [email protected]
Submit your essay to Scholarships